How I Cook, OR: How did this get into my Oven?

The way I cook things is thus: I read a recipe, think of how I would actually cook it with the things I have on hand, then muddle it together guessing how much how many and to what extent I should do it by.
Example, my Tater Tot Casserole.

Where Morg Comes From

I play a game called SecondLife. ( http://www.secondlife.com ) IF you also play this game, I'm Morgdah Graves, send me an instant message, or not.. if I'm not there as Morg, look up Rayne Oconnell (another story behind THAT name, too.. long long story)

SL is fun, but you have to play it a bit of a while, there are ALL sorts of things there that are or are NOT PG... a LOT is NOT PG, a LOT is ADULT, but the majority is PG... IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN under 18, Don't let them get your password. LOG ABILITY is good, but ya know, people can get ahold of those logs.

OTHERWISE, it's fun. People are mostly happy to help you there, but don't go begging for monies. you may end up on the wrong end of an orbit.

PLAY NICE!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Spaghetti Bake

I know it's been a while since I added anything to this blog, but I loved my spaghetti bake I made lately...

frying pan
soup pot to boil spaghetti
casserole dish (any that will hold about 2 quarts or so, as long as it's big enough so cheese doesn't melt off the sides and into the oven, then... well, that will make your cooking experience even more thrilling and smoke-filled)

one box of thin spaghetti
1 to 2 pounds of ground meat (beef is my friend, but if you want turkey, or buffalo, or sausage, be my guest)
1 can of huntz (cheapest kind of spaghetti sauce you can get) or make it yourself, however you want
2lbs  or so of fine grated cheese, or any kind of cheese you want to put on top..

boil the spaghetti until it is cooked with just a teensy bit of aldente'. (that means a bit of hard in the center, but not too much, then it will be crunchy in the casserole. egh.

while it's boiling, cook up the ground meat until all the way done, don't leave ANY pink in any of it. seriously, it could harbour any little bad wigglies.
add the spaghetti sauce (and use any kind, it's all nummie)
stir it up, take off heat.

drain spaghetti
mix spaghetti and sauce in the original soup pot. make sure it's all coated with sauce and fairly well mixed with meat.
dump into casserole dish.
spread the cheese on top. add or take out as much as you want, hell, it's your dinner. have fun with it.

bake in the oven at 350 or so until cheese is melted all the way across the pan.
take out of oven, let set for about 15 min or so.
cut into four inch by four inch sections, or as big or small sections as you want, it's your food.
let set just a bit longer, then scoop out as many sections as you want to eat. it's just easier to scoop when you cut into sections.

tadaa!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm . . . . I might have to make that spaghetti bake. I'm going to post my recipes up on my blog, too, so you should be a regular follower! Please? Join my poor, poor, lonely site?
    Anywayz, Tony totally prefers your tater tot casserole to mine, so I will regularly check back on your page and see what other "Munchies" you have waiting.
    I hope everything is going great in Rapid City. I miss everyone so much! I thought dorks were everywhere, but there are very few down here. I mentioned Darth Maul to a friend. His response: "The sad thing is that you know his name."
    My response: "The sadder thing is that you don't."
    All the cool people -- those who like Star Wars, Harry Potter, D&D, SCA, etc., -- I left them all behind in South Dakota!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo..... Lana.. when are you moving back? Tee hee!!

    ReplyDelete