How I Cook, OR: How did this get into my Oven?

The way I cook things is thus: I read a recipe, think of how I would actually cook it with the things I have on hand, then muddle it together guessing how much how many and to what extent I should do it by.
Example, my Tater Tot Casserole.

Where Morg Comes From

I play a game called SecondLife. ( http://www.secondlife.com ) IF you also play this game, I'm Morgdah Graves, send me an instant message, or not.. if I'm not there as Morg, look up Rayne Oconnell (another story behind THAT name, too.. long long story)

SL is fun, but you have to play it a bit of a while, there are ALL sorts of things there that are or are NOT PG... a LOT is NOT PG, a LOT is ADULT, but the majority is PG... IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN under 18, Don't let them get your password. LOG ABILITY is good, but ya know, people can get ahold of those logs.

OTHERWISE, it's fun. People are mostly happy to help you there, but don't go begging for monies. you may end up on the wrong end of an orbit.

PLAY NICE!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Jesi's FIRST Rice Recipe

Big Soup Pot
Stirring spoon, runcible or otherwise.
Tinfoil roasting pan, one of those 8x8's is perfect, actually
Colander

Dice up 4 of those frozen chicken breasts (thawed)
season up with LEMON PEPPER seasoning, and if you have, normal pepper and garlic. YES WE LOVE GARLIC!
bake in that 8x8 roasting pan after totally coating the diced chicken at 350 for about 15 minutes, or until it's cooked all the way through, poorly cooked chicken makes you sick. so does pork. Google Salmonella and trichinosis.
drain in colander
Put in big soup pot with 1/2 stick of BUTTER, not that margarine crap.
put the chicken in the pot ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9oyr_MKABY&feature=related )
fry to make chicken crispy, if you haven't noticed, I like to FRY things.
add 1 can of corn (NOT creamed!! Normal corn in a can, but DRAIN IT FIRST!)
stir up and fry a little more
add about 4 cups of water
BOIL
then
add about 4 cups of MINUTE or INSTANT RICE
BOIL for about 5 minutes then take off of heat STIR CONTINUALLY Mix it up all good and mixed.
TURN OFF THE STOVETOP!!!

If you read those directions on the box, they really should just say EQUAL parts rice and water. (sometimes i like to do 1 cup milk to 3 cups water. makes that rice tasty in my opinion, as humble as that may be... but it also makes it stickier.

let set for about 15 minutes, then fluff with .. spoon perhaps? maybe a fork if you don't know where your spoon went.

No comments:

Post a Comment